___________________________________________

SNOWBOARDING.
It's the freedom of expression. Everyone has a different stance, a different style, a different technique, a different line, a different run, a different experience. When you see a crew run a set in sequence and although all may look similar, there are unique variances in each person's steeze that makes each individual person a star in their own right. Freeride. Freestyle. Back country. Street. Park. Pipe. The boundaries are constantly being pushed and broken. We are all the same. Snowboarders. But were are all unique. We ride rocker or cambered decks. We ride powder boards or short jib sticks. We wear flashy baggy kits or tight emo pants. The opportunity for individualism and self expression is limited only by the imagination of the individual.
-Katherine Calnan

___________________________________________

2.17.2010

E-Interview with Christy Prior

Name: Christy Prior

Hometown: Hibiscus Coast, Auckland, New Zealand!
Age: 21
Number of years riding: 5
Board Length: 148
Stance Width: To tell you the truth, I have no idea and I’ll be dammed if there was a measuring tape in this house... but can assure you its O.G jib steez wide with 
angles 15,15 :)
Stance: Goofy



Favorite Resort: So far from where my travels have taken me... Snowpark NZ, Treblecone NZ and Mayrhoffen Austria!!. But, definitely my favourite resort/town/people the whole package has got to be Banff, Canada!! so good!

Favorite song(s) to listen to while riding: What is on your playlist right now- quite the selection from.... Fleat wood mac-edge of seventeen right through to whirlwind thru cities by Afu-ra... so good.

Number of days riding this season (09/10): I got about 50 days in New Zealand and just arrived in Banff 2nd of February and had at least 10 days. But with 3 months left here, I have high intentions to demolish that number!! :)

Favorite Trick: half cab nose press nollie back 180 out!



Hardest Trick to learn: hard way back 180 onto street rail....

Favorite Snowboarding Video: Black Winter

3 things people should know about you:
I am a sucker for sushi or any Japanese!!
- Snapped my ankle 3 years ago on a 70 foot booter and got the fear-hence why I’m a jibber!!. but getting back into now-and I’m addicted!!
- I contradict my self as I am aware and aim for a healthy lifestyle looking after my body, eating, exercise etc... but at the same time if partying was a profession- I would have my PHD!!


 3 things people don't know about you:
-I am organized!!.... I swear?....
- I was actually born in England... and only a permanent resident in NZ (moved to NZ at 18 months old) one day I’ll apply for my citizenship.... :)
- I can't spell to save myself!!

Where I find my inspiration: Riding with crew is always inspiring, the Rude Boys throw down ALWAYS and I’m constantly observing/stealing their tricks, technique and style. Then there is BSA represent!! And from my home town our Underground Skate crew-best team trips ever!

Person I look up to: all of the above...

What I would do if I had more time: Go study fashion design and marketing at school. I really want to create my own clothing label. At the moment all my time is spent snowboarding and all my spare time I’m working my arse off to have enough money TO snowboard... so for now, when my body gives up on me-that is the day I’ll go back to school!!!

3 things I never ride without: 
- My ipod (believe it or not complete with head phones)
- Lunch on the go (crushed up muesli bar in my pocket!!)
- My helmet. Cool kids wear lids!!

Snowboarding road trip! Where I would go:
You mean, where would I start!!! mmm, Seriously, any road trip where friends, snow and new places are I’d be there with bells on. But.. I’d definitely give my little jib stick the ride of its life and hit the powder highway around BC (British Columbia) CANADA!!
I wish people would take more notice of: Snowboarding in general. Say for example, rugby players back home earn some big money even as reserves or even in lower teams. If snowboarding had that much exposure, I wouldn't be living on the floor in my mate’s storage room right now! Ha ha... but, we love it!

Ideal night out: Some casual beverages with the crew turning into some not so casual beverages..... ONNNN!!! oh and every Tuesday for riders night at Hoodoo's, always a dangerous commitment to make!!

Ideal night in: After a sick day shredding and an awesome hot shower, my flat mate Guilaume bringing home from work bucket loads of chocolate from the Fudge Factory and just sinking into the couch for the night, with no peer pressure, text's or phone calls saying come party!!... hahaha

A common misconception of me: If I say I’m going to do- ill do it!

A phrase I use too often: sweet as.... aye. haha seals the deal, I’m definitely from kiwi land!!

How I get motivated: of course a quick glimpse at a snowboard dvd always gets my stoke level up, but...putting on a banging playlist works every time!

Favorite gadgets: be lost without my computer... and my to do lists!

Words to live by: eat, ride, sleep, repeat.
But on deeper level.... Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined. Which brings me back to my first quote..... eat, ride, sleep, repeat!! ohhh, I love my life!! :)

Over and out!

Christy Prior





Want more from Christy? Check out her blog here:


No comments:

Post a Comment