___________________________________________

SNOWBOARDING.
It's the freedom of expression. Everyone has a different stance, a different style, a different technique, a different line, a different run, a different experience. When you see a crew run a set in sequence and although all may look similar, there are unique variances in each person's steeze that makes each individual person a star in their own right. Freeride. Freestyle. Back country. Street. Park. Pipe. The boundaries are constantly being pushed and broken. We are all the same. Snowboarders. But were are all unique. We ride rocker or cambered decks. We ride powder boards or short jib sticks. We wear flashy baggy kits or tight emo pants. The opportunity for individualism and self expression is limited only by the imagination of the individual.
-Katherine Calnan

___________________________________________

12.05.2009

Blizzard in town

Originally I was going to talk about board basics, the breakdown of a snowboard, all the boards I have been through in my past few years of riding, my perfect board and some tips on how to find your perfect board.
 . . . . .  then the BLIZZARD rolled in.

By definition, according to Environment Canada, a Blizzard must meet the following criteria:
- must have winds of 40 km/h or more
- have snow or blowing snow
- visibility less than 1 km and a windchill of less than -25 degrees celsius.
- All of these conditions must last for 4 hours or more.

When these conditions persist after snow has stopped falling, it is called a ground blizzard.

So, yesterday (friday) I took the day off work (yes I work. Just because I mostly blog about snowboarding doesn`t mean that is all I do) and the blizzard strolled in. Being my day off, it can be assumed snowboarding would be a given. Funny thing. Tons of snow and too much wind put a hault on the plan. Got to COP or shall I say the snow desert. I think it was the exact same snow desert from Star Wars Episode V. Can someone look it up, I think that part of the movie was filmed exactly where I was standing.

So in summary couldn`t see a thing and the wind was pushing me up the mountain.





Oh well lets just hike the park. WHAT!!! closed. should have checked the site before we got there. See next post for websites you should check before you to the mountains. 
Well, PLAN B. Set up the boxes that we made and have a private session in a nice location out of the wind. Unfotunately, the combination of variables OUT + OF + THE + WIND = does not exist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment