___________________________________________

SNOWBOARDING.
It's the freedom of expression. Everyone has a different stance, a different style, a different technique, a different line, a different run, a different experience. When you see a crew run a set in sequence and although all may look similar, there are unique variances in each person's steeze that makes each individual person a star in their own right. Freeride. Freestyle. Back country. Street. Park. Pipe. The boundaries are constantly being pushed and broken. We are all the same. Snowboarders. But were are all unique. We ride rocker or cambered decks. We ride powder boards or short jib sticks. We wear flashy baggy kits or tight emo pants. The opportunity for individualism and self expression is limited only by the imagination of the individual.
-Katherine Calnan

___________________________________________

12.01.2009

First Post

Welcome to my blog 
Hello and welcome to my first blog
Hi my name is katherine, kat for short and this is my first blog.... 
Suzi just made fun of me for how long this is taking me


So you are probably wondering who is this amateur blogger and what is she going to be writing about?
Well . . . First things first, my name is Kat and I like to snowboard. 


Hence, SHE RIDES PARK. 


The theme and underlying reason for my blogging is to share my snowboarding adventures and share a few things that I have learned along the way. 


A little background, I started snowboarding a few years back (thanks for the lessons Suzi) and was instantly hooked. I found myself going every weekend to the mountains with a close group of friends and as many times as I could mid week at COP. I have even met the love of my life, Simon, on the beautiful mountain slopes of Sunshine. So you get the idea.
This year started early with a few park sessions at COP which was a great warm up for this season. 



(COP making snow)
     (Park set up: 2 small boxes and a long box)

Just Last weekend was my first couple times out to the mountains and it was great snow and amazing company. Friday went to Sunshine with Suzi and Vik, but also got to meet up with some fellow park instructors Stephen and Josh. Saturday helped out a friend and got her linking turns and we had such a blast! Sunday back to Sunshine with the boys. And that is my typical weekend. Wheelies, 180's, 360's, boardslides, etc .... Love it. 





Happy Shred Everyone!
-Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment